Sunday, July 26, 2009

Game Counter

FInally finished a little project I've been working on - a counter that can be used to record the score or time in games. It can be used as a chess clock or simply to count the number of points up to six players have. I used a proto-shield to layout the components - a piezo-buzzer, a tri-color led, 3 switches (2 with embedded leds) and a serial display from SparkFun as described in an earlier post. It was also the first time I've really laid things out and soldered onto a protoboard. Some lessons learned there.

It's really been a project to test out a number of my library classes and how well they work in a real project. I'll describe and upload each of these in future posts, but for now here's the list of classes used:


1. A buzzer class
2. A tri-color led class
3. A general led class (with fading support)
4. A serial LED display class
5. A button class (with debounce)

All simple stuff really, and my main application class still looks a bit messy. More refactoring needed...

No comments:

Post a Comment